Arab Monetary Fund, a regional organization based in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), with the objective of laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in Arab Countries. AMF is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Database Administrator.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Install, configure and upgrade database serves
• Plan and review database storage requirements
• Manage and implement patches and fixes to database
• Convert / migrate data across system
• Design and implement necessary modifications to enable databases accommodate newly introduced structures or changes
• Comply with standards and policies and procedures
• Maintain database integrity and security
• Manage database users and responsibilities
• Monitor growth and health of database and tune their performance
• Support development team and other users in relevant issues
• Plan and manage database availability
• Define and implement database backup policies
• Manage database archives • Restore database when necessary
• Generate relevant reports
- Focused and energetic
- Positive attitude
- Committed Disciplined
- Growth potential
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or other related business specialization from a reputed university is a must. Preference for Master’s degrees, and or professional qualifications in Oracle products.
• No less than ten years of solid relevant experience mainly in database and systems administration in Oracle environment and applications for banking, investments, statistics, and HR preferably in financial organizations. Skills: • An employee in this job classification is expected to have adequate communication skills and technical expertise to engage and cooperate with operations and development teams.
• The database administrator is also expected to enable and support development and maintenance teams in relevant database activities.
• Ability to provide technical advice and participate in departmental and organization wide studies and research to assist in planning, coordinating, evaluating and implementing IT projects as the need arises.
• Good command of Arabic and English.
The Fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, furniture, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insurance. Only shortlisted will be contacted.
Apply for Job