The issue of promoting access to financing and financial services in the Arab countries is receiving great attention from the Council of Arab Central Banks and Monetary Authorities’ Governors, in recognition of the potential and great opportunities that can be achieved through enhancing financial inclusion to support inclusive and sustainable economic development, address unemployment challenges, and achieve social justice. In this context, the Council of Arab Central Banks and Monetary Authorities’ Governors endorsed in 2016 the 27th of April of each year to celebrate the “Arab Day for Financial Inclusion”, in recognition of the importance that financial inclusion issues have become in achieving inclusive and sustainable economic growth and enhancing economic and financial stability, through access to financial services at affordable costs.
Since the establishment of the “Arab Day for Financial Inclusion”, Arab central banks and monetary authorities have organized various events and activities in their countries, allowing them to gain extensive experience in how to celebrate this event annually. From this point of view, and in the context of preparations to celebrate the “Arab Day for Financial Inclusion”, the Arab Monetary Fund annually sends a questionnaire to the Arab central banks and monetary authorities to identify the activities that the Arab countries intend to undertake on this day, and a report summarizing the suggestions and views is prepared based on the responses received for this purpose.
- Press Release issued by The Secretariat of the Council of Arab Central Banks and Monetary Authorities’ Governors
- Green Finance Development Tools and Policies: 9-12 May 2022
- Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism: 3-6 October 2022
- Economy and Challenges of Environmental and Climate Change: 21-24 November 2022
- SMEs Development Policies: 12-15 December 2022