The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) is an Arab regional organization based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Its main objective is laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in all Arab Countries.
AMF is seeking to recruit a “Regulatory Compliance Officer” in the fund.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A Regulatory Compliance Officer ensures the organization operates within the law and meets current regulatory standards in the various jurisdictions in which it conducts its activities. He/She creates and upholds compliance procedures and policies and evaluates them against best practices and evolving regulatory standards.
As part of his/her daily duties, the regulatory compliance officer is expected to perform compliance activities as prescribed and to lead and advance the AMF compliance culture and act in the best interests of AMF.
Regulatory Compliance Officer tasks includes:
- Acting as a first point of contact for regulatory compliance concerns.
- Directly responding to counter party requests for Know Your Client (KYC) and AML and other compliance related inquiries.
- Creating and implementing an FCC framework with adequate policies, and procedures.
- Providing Financial Crime Compliance “FCC” advice and assessment.
- Reviewing the organization’s adherence to regulatory compliance procedures in the various jurisdictions in which it has exposures.
- Certifying the authenticity of documents upon counter-parties’ request.
- Reporting regulatory compliance issues and recommending solutions.
- Remaining up to date on current regulatory compliance developments including international developments in the area of Taxation.
- Training AMF staff on compliance procedures and being a champion of the regulatory compliance culture.
Regulatory Compliance Officer qualifications, skills and experience:
Regulatory Compliance Officer should be educated to a degree level and have a legal background and industry-specific qualifications with relevant academic qualifications from a reputed university. This role is the moral compass and guiding hand of the institution, so certain soft skills are necessary to fulfil daily compliance officer duties:
- Strong ethics
- Good critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Independence and autonomy
- Good relationship-building skills
- Excellent command of both the Arabic and English languages.
To fulfil the regulatory compliance officer’s job description to the fullest, professionals should have regulatory compliance experience and hold the following qualifications as minimum requirement:
- Bachelor of Law from a reputable jurisdiction.
- Active member of a reputable bar association.
- Certified Anti-money lending specialist “CAMS” designation and other additional relevant designations such as FSRA/DFSA.
The AMF offers competitive terms of services in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture allowance, air tickets, education allowance, and life and medical insurance.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted