,Buna (The Arab Regional Payments Clearing and Settlement Organization) is looking for a Strategy and Planning Specialist to join our team. Duties of the Strategy and Planning Specialist include implementing the general policy and strategy for Buna. The job holder is also responsible for identifying and implementing innovative tools & applications relevant to Buna. This position will report to Chief Strategy & Development.
In this context, the following sections detail the main qualifications, skills and responsibilities related to this position:
- Job Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning
- Set the performance management strategy of Buna, including vision, mission, strategic objectives and values; with the expected timeline of their implementation.
- Cascade goals among the organization in coordination with other departments.
- Support in defining key targets and indicators that each department is held accountable to for performance management and monitor and evaluate their progress.
- Undertake a gap analysis, identify and benchmark best practices and new trends and devise a strategy to integrate them into Buna business model.
- Ensure that all changes are aligned with the general strategy of Buna.
- Research and develop key business drivers supporting business strategies and consider new opportunities and their applicability to Buna.
- Understand the current and future business challenges of Buna and its participants, and formulate and execute an overarching strategy with specific and detailed objectives to continuously innovate the system and its technologies.
- Collaborate with the direct divisions to achieve the strategic goals, and to develop and deploy solutions.
- Disseminate the strategy and strategic objectives and their implementation progress to all stakeholders, and provide technical support if needed.
- Help develop and lead trainings on the use of innovative methodologies/tools to enhance Buna operations.
- Qualifications and Skills
Experience & Education
- 5+ years of implementing and leading strategic planning, innovation, organizational development, and design projects.
- Experience in successfully positioning new and transformative solutions that challenge the status quo in the respective sector / market.
- Prior experience in payments.
- Graduate degree from a reputable university preferably in strategy, business administration, computer science or engineering or any relevant field.
- Practical knowledge of strategy and planning, product development, management and optimization, and market analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and ability to work on own initiative, accurately to tight deadlines, and to prioritize between different demands.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines simultaneously.
- Effective team player and excellent relationship building skills with ability to demonstrate a high level of discretion and positive attitude with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidential/sensitive information and professionalism.
- Flexibility and readiness to work beyond regular working hours and as required.
- Fluent in Arabic & English
- Knowledge of French is a plus