Arab Monetary Fund, a regional organization based in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), with the objective of laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in Arab Countries. AMF seeks to appoint a “Settlement Officer “, in the back-office operations of Finance Department of the Fund. Activities involving settlement operations include borrowings, medium-term loans, inter-bank transfers and deposits, foreign exchange, money and capital market instruments, bonds, structured products, and alternative investments in hedge funds.
• Verifying accuracy and completeness of investment transactions.
• Completing necessary data input for investment transaction.
• Preparing necessary settlement instructions using SWIFT.
• Matching confirmations of investment transactions.
• Responding to queries from counter parties
• Monitoring maturities and executing necessary transfer instructions.
• Updating floating interest rates and securities valuations.
• Preparing daily and periodic reconciliation of correspondent bank accounts.
• Identifying and resolving settlement
• Focused and energetic
• Serious and responsible
• Positive, committed, dependable, team player
• Committed and disciplined
• High learning and growth potential
• Hard worker, willingness to work extra hours
• Solid intermediate and secondary education
• bachelor’s degree with emphasis on Accounting or Finance from reputable university.
• Specialized studies in investments or back-office operations are a plus. Experience
• Two to Five years of relevant experience back office operations in a disciplined investment or banking environment are desired. Fresh graduates could also be considered.
• Very thorough and critically attentive to details.
• Good communication skills in Arabic and English.
• Tactfulness and promptness in identifying and resolving settlement incidents and following up on claims with counter parties.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications, principally Excel and Word Skills for experienced candidates
• Exceptional skills in monitoring and controlling transactions. • Hands on experience in using the SWIFT system.
• Working experience in settlement or accounting applications is a plus.
The Fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insurance. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.