Senior Investment Risk Officer
The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), is an Arab Regional Organization based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Its main objective is laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in all Arab Countries. AMF is seeking to recruit a “Senior Investment Risk Officer” in the Treasury & Investment Department.
Oversee credit and market risks of investment portfolios by monitoring exposures across various asset classes for all investments associated risks, including ratings and limits to ensure that investments are within AMF investment objectives, risk tolerance, investment policy, guidelines, medium term investment strategy and investment plans. Report any exceptions to senior management accordingly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure various transactions (i.e. foreign exchange, debt securities, externally managed investments funds, … etc.) are monitored adequately to ensure that they are undertaken in accordance with the approved Investment Policy, guidelines, strategy and investment plans related to exposures.
- Monitor the portfolios through regularly reviewing the valuation, performance, characteristics and risk parameters relative to benchmarks in order to ensure the timely identification of irregularities and any potential discrepancies are defined along with their causes. Recommend appropriate course of action and available solutions to senior management.
- Stay up-to-date with financial markets developments in order to consider the implications of market movements on the Fund’s investment activities and assist in strategy setting and decision making regarding the allocation of investment resources.
- Conduct general research on risk exposure.
Qualifications and Practical Experience:
- Candidate should be of Arab origin.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Investment Management from a reputable and recognized university. Candidates holding master degree, CFA, PRM or FRM designations are preferable.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in investment and risk management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Professional use of Bloomberg, Reuters and other data services.
- Proficient in reports writing.
- Proficient in security analysis.
- Proficient in understanding financial markets.
- Proficient in credit and market risk analysis.
- Proficient in risk monitoring and analysis.
- Proficient knowledge of investment products.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English.
The Fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing, furniture, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insurance.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.