Investment Process Development Specialist
The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), is an Arab financial organization based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. It’s main objectives are laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in all Arab Countries.
AMF is currently seeking to hire an “Investment Process Development Specialist” in the Investment Department
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to the Director, Investment Department and coordinates with other organizational units in performing its primary duties and responsibilities which are as follows:
- Utilize internal analytics and diagnostics tools to verify market data accuracy and investigate any anomalous historical data moves via other data sources e.g. Bloomberg.
- Conduct quantitative analysis and modeling including development of new models, analytic processes or systems approaches, such as attribution and risk calculations.
- Interact with the Investment department team members to understand and document their needs for process and systems changes and improvements.
- Communicate with the IT Division staff for the design, development and implementation of any requested systems and models and participate in user acceptance testing of new enhancements.
- Propose new technological and business processes in response to internal or external regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the team responsible for monitoring investment risks to enhance risk monitoring, identification and reporting.
- Assist in performing analysis on performance attribution, stress testing and other activities and reporting requirements at the request of the Investment Director.
- Any other assigned duties.
Qualifications and Practical Experience:
- A Master's degree from an accredited university within Investment or Finance or Process Management or Quantitative Focus.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA and or CIPM is an added value.
- Command of Arabic and English is a must, French is an asset.
- Knowledge of financial markets, products and risk calculations.
- Portfolio modelling specification and implementation of asset management systems supported by relevant background of operations. An applied understanding of Value at Risk (VaR) and its use in risk management is a plus.
- Advanced desktop technology skills such as Excel and PowerPoint is a must, Bloomberg skills are a plus.
- No less than five years of relevant experience in investments and related process improvement, quantitative analytics, modeling and asset management systems as specifications and implementations, with reputed financial institutions.
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with applicable employment policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.