Financial Sector Specialist
Arab Monetary Fund, a regional organization based in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), with the objective of laying monetary foundation of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in Arab Countries, in addition to its role as the Technical Secretariat of both the Arab Central Banks Governors Council and its subcommittees, as well as the Arab Finance Ministers Council.
AMF seeks to appoint a “Financial Sector Specialist” focusing on the non-banking sector, in the Arab Financial Markets Division within the Economic and Technical Department of the Fund.
In view of the Fund’s strategy aiming at “Developing programs and initiatives to strengthen the financial and monetary sectors, and enhancing access to finance and financial services”, the Fund is in the process of implementing various activities, including those that concern the development of the Non-Banking financial sector in the Arab region.
Therefore, the primary focus of this position is the Non-Banking financial sector and its needs for improvements (for instance: insurance sector, investment and pension funds, Islamic finance and housing finance institutions), in addition to a general knowledge of the major aspects related to the financial sector and capital markets development in the region.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribution in the elaboration of reports and studies related to the non-banking financial sector development in the Arab region.
- Participation in field missions organized in the context of the financial sector development initiatives of the Fund.
- Follow-up with regional and international entities and bodies focusing on the non-banking financial sector.
- Contribution in the preparation of reports on the overall financial sector performance in the Arab region.
- Contribution in the organization of committees’ meetings, conferences and workshops on financial sector and capital markets issues.
- Formulating suggestions regarding the development of the Arab capital markets division’s work and activities in light with its mandate and objectives.
Qualifications and Practical Experience:
The candidate should:
- be a national of member Arab countries or of Arab origin;
- hold a Master Degree or a PHD in economics or finance from a reputable university, with the presence of relevant research studies or working papers published considered an advantage;
- have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the financial sector in the Arab region, with an experience in Non-Banking financial institutions considered a strong advantage;
- have a deep expertise on the Non-Banking financial sector and its needs for development;
- have a deep expertise on Islamic finance issues;
- have the capacity to work under pressure and in a multi-cultural environment;
- be fluent in both Arabic and English, with knowledge of French considered an advantage;
- have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft office applications;
- be less than 35 years old.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.