Chief, Treasury & Direct Investment Division
The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), is an Arab regional organization based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Its main objective is laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in all Arab Countries. AMF is seeking to recruit a “ Chief, Treasury & Direct Investment Division ” in the Investment Department.
Manage the Treasury Division to ensure that AMF own funds and funds entrusted to the AMF are invested according to the AMF policy guidelines in order to achieve the AMF investment objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve the treasury division objectives through managing performance, developing and motivating staff.
- Initiate improvements to the treasury and investment policies and monitor the implementation of the relevant treasury policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of treasury activities.
- Supervise the implementation of research ideas, investment tactics and strategies.
- Manage the surplus liquidity through optimal deployment of funds within the framework of the Treasury policy, procedures and plans, and strengthen the financial positioning of the Fund through the effective management of treasury activities.
- Monitor and plan daily cash flow of the investment funds for all portfolios to ensure adequate executions of assets and liabilities in line with investment plan.
- Ensure that all portfolios managed by the Fund are in compliance with the approved investment policies and guidelines.
- Monitor the AMF's portfolios through regularly reviewing the valuation, performance, characteristics and risk parameters relative to benchmarks in order to secure the timely identification of any potential discrepancies and rectify them.
- Stay up-to-date with financial markets developments, in order to consider the implications of these markets movements on the Fund’s future investment activities and make informed decision regarding the allocation of the investment resources for the managed portfolios.
- Select the appropriate investment opportunities through utilizing the analysis, research and due-diligence reports of investment management firms, banks and other external financial institutions in order to identify the appropriate investment allocation.
- Contribute to building and managing effective business relationships with member countries to enhance the level and scope of business cooperation.
- Manage the investments associated risks
- Recommend continuous improvement to the division systems, processes and practices taking into account 'international best practice', changes in international standards and changes in the financial markets and business environment.
Qualifications and Practical Experience:
- Candidate should be of Arab origin.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or investment Management from a reputable and recognized university.
- Master degree in Finance or investment Management. Professional qualification of CFA or equivalent from a recognized international institution is preferable. Professional dealing certificate is also an advantage.
- 12 years of experience in investment management with at least 5 years of experience at a similar level.
- Good knowledge in the implementation of policies & procedures
- Strong financial management skills
- Professional use of spread sheets and Bloomberg, Reuters and data services
- Strong reports writing skills
- Strong investment research and studies skills
- Strong securities analysis and modeling Skills
- Strong understanding of financial markets
- Strong portfolio management skills
- Strong credit Analysis skills
- Strong risk Management skills
- Arabic and English language skills
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture allowance, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insurance.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.