Arab Monetary Fund is a Regional Arab Organisation, Founded in 1976, and has started operations in 1977. Member Countries (22) are: Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Tunisia, Algeria, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Somalia, Iraq, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania, Yemen, Comoros.
The fund aims at contributing to the achievement of the following objectives:
1.Correcting disequilibria in the balance of payments of member States.
2.Striving for the removal of restrictions on current payments between member States.
3.Establishing policies and modes of Arab monetary co-operation.
4.Rendering advice, whenever called upon to do so, with regard to policies related to the investment of the financial resources of member States in foreign markets.
5.Promoting the development of Arab financial markets.
6.Paving the way towards the creation of a unified Arab currency.
7.Promote trade among member States.
Start date: Urgent
- Understand business transactions of the organization and prepare relevant accounting entries using computerized business and accounting systems.
- Comply with applicable accounting policies and procedures and pronouncements of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Engage in continuous update of accounting procedures and internal controls
- Contribute to improving the functionality and reporting of computerized business and accounting systems.
- Analyze and investigate accounting transactions prepare periodic financial statements and various performance and budgeting reports.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and practices.
- Focused and energetic
- Positive attitude
- Growth potential
- Solid intermediate and secondary education
- Bachelor degree with emphasis on Accounting or Finance from reputable university.
- Pre ferably working towards a higher degree or formal financial management or accounting qualification (CPA, CMA).
- Good communication skills in Arabic and English,
- Professional working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, principally Excel and Word,
- Good analytical skills,
- Control awareness,
- knowledge in the implementation of policies & procedures,
- Understanding of International Accounting Standards,
- Financial analysis and planning skills,
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Technical thinking and problem solving skills
- Relevant accounting experience in disciplined working environment
- Minimum 6 years if BS and 4 years if MS, or professional qualification.
- Involvement in systems an procedures is a must
- Working experience in Oracle based accounting applications or other systems is a plus