IT Helpdesk Officer
Arab Monetary Fund is a Regional Arab Organisation, Founded in 1976, and has started operations in 1977. Member Countries (22) are: Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Tunisia, Algeria, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Somalia, Iraq, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania, Yemen, Comoros.
The fund aims at contributing to the achievement of the following objectives:
1.Correcting disequilibria in the balance of payments of member States.
2.Striving for the removal of restrictions on current payments between member States.
3.Establishing policies and modes of Arab monetary co-operation.
4.Rendering advice, whenever called upon to do so, with regard to policies related to the investment of the financial resources of member States in foreign markets.
5.Promoting the development of Arab financial markets.
6.Paving the way towards the creation of a unified Arab currency.
7.Promote trade among member States.
The IT helpdesk Officer position reports to the Head, IT Operations Unit in the IT Division. It provides support and maintenance to the computer desktop environment at the Arab Monetary Fund by understanding user requirements, resolving technical issues, installing hardware and software solutions. It is also responsible for the administration and internal support of AMF’s application and operating systems, PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Serving as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone, helpdesk System, email.
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues related to operating systems, hardware and software.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Document issues, incidents, remedies and conversations via specialized helpdesk application(s) to create a log that can be referenced by other engineers and for training purposes.
- Provide support in accordance with established processes.
- Walk user through problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Follow up with users to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from users about computer usage.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote access and diagnosis.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Good communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications or related field
- At least 3 years of relevant and proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
Adequate technical skills and character.