The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), is an arab regional organization based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Its main objective is laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in all Arab Countries. AMF is seeking to recruit an “Investment Analyst” in the Treasury & Investment Department.
Work with other colleagues to generate periodical investment and financial studies and reports on the performance analysis of the internal and external portfolios and the general market conditions, conduct due diligence, assess the credit rating, and contribute to establishing effective business relationship between the Fund and its partners from the regional and international financial institutions and investment community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform the calculation and the preparation of investment performance reports and present them on monthly basis for investments in fixed income, funds of hedge funds for externally managed funds.
- Participate in the preparation of reports on risk-weighted assets and the capital adequacy of the banking activity of the internal portfolios.
- Monitor the portfolios through regularly reviewing the valuation and performance, characteristics in order ensure the timely identification of irregularities and any potential discrepancies.
- Perform regular evaluation and monitoring of the credit rating of Arab and international banks and financial institutions that the Fund deals with and recommend the appropriate dealing limits with each one of them based on the approved investment policy and guidelines and in coordination with the treasury division.
- Stay up-to-date with financial markets developments, including exchange rates, interest rates, short-and long-term deposits, bonds and securities, in order to consider the implications of these market movements on the Fund’s future investment activities.
- Prepare various investment research papers and studies and due diligence covering areas related to the internal portfolios, the external portfolios and the general financial market conditions in order to facilitate the decision making process within the department on matters related to the selection of bond managers and funds of hedge funds managers.
- Prepare periodical investment and financial studies and reports on the development of the international financial markets and the performance of portfolios.
Qualifications and Practical Experience:
- Candidate should be Arab origin.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or Investment Management from a reputable and recognized university and earned a CFA designation.
- Master degree in Finance or Investment Management, or relevant professional qualifications from a recognized international institution are a plus.
- 5 years of experience in investment management and research with at least 2 years of experience at a similar level.
- Able to follow and comply with work policies, procedures, and processes
- Ability to work under pressure and plan for own work schedule
- Professional use of spread sheets and Bloomberg, Reuters and data services
- Proficient reports writing skills
- Proficient investment research skills
- Proficient securities analysis and modeling skills
- Proficient understanding of financial markets
- Basic portfolio management skills
- Credit and risk analysis skills
- Arabic and English language skills
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing, furniture, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insurance.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.