Head, Systems Development Unit
Arab Monetary Fund is a Regional Arab Organisation, Founded in 1976, and has started operations in 1977. Member Countries (22) are: Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Tunisia, Algeria, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Somalia, Iraq, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania, Yemen, Comoros.
The fund aims at contributing to the achievement of the following objectives:
1.Correcting disequilibria in the balance of payments of member States.
2.Striving for the removal of restrictions on current payments between member States.
3.Establishing policies and modes of Arab monetary co-operation.
4.Rendering advice, whenever called upon to do so, with regard to policies related to the investment of the financial resources of member States in foreign markets.
5.Promoting the development of Arab financial markets.
6.Paving the way towards the creation of a unified Arab currency.
7.Promote trade among member States.
The Head, Systems Development Unit, reports to the Chief, IT Division within the Finance and IT Department at the Arab Monetary Fund. This is a key position responsible to support AMF’s IT strategic direction, and to lead the delivery of systems development and maintenance projects.
Strategy and Planning
- Panning: Identify, prioritize and schedule projects to meet the IT planning objectives in coordination with the Chief, IT Division within the context of the IT strategy. This responsibility includes setting up work plans and execution time schedule as well as defining the technical and personnel requirements and coordinating with external parties as required.
- Budgeting: Assist the Chief of IT Division in the development of the annual IT budgets in line with the overall IT strategy and businesses plans. Ensure all the related activities are carried out in compliance to the approved budget.
- Resources: Accomplishes system development unit operations human resource objectives by orienting, signing, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, appraising, and enforcing policies and procedures.
Development Unit Management
- Supervision: Supervise the planning and implementation of IT development initiatives aiming to an effective achievement of the unit objectives. Ensuring that unit operations are executed successfully and planned results are obtained.
- Performance: Maximizing the performance of the unit. Delegating appropriately and monitoring activities of subordinates.
- Collaboration: Build effective relationships both within and outside the IT Division. Foster effective team work, creating an environment so that subordinates can accomplish their assignments and responding to the needs of the AMF’s users.
- Standards and procedures: Establish and enforce IT processes, methodologies, standards and best practices. Communicate the requirements of operational procedures and instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner.
- Develop subordinates: Help them to maximize their contribution, challenging, empowering, keeps them engaged, be supportive, positive enabler and motivator.
- Technology: Keep up to date with relevant technologies and implement the general executive plans and projects of developing the systems as per set strategies
- Business knowledge: Keep up to date with changes in activities and required business knowledge related to AMF core activities including investment, finance and lending operations.
- Scheduling: Monitor the operations of the Systems Development Unit to meet planned targets and financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget of the unit; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
Systems Development responsibilities
- Feasibility studies: Conduct feasibility studies for the application plans that require reengineering or updating.
- Development: Achieves system development unit operational objectives by maintaining current systems; evaluating, recommending, testing and installing new technology; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and AMF standards; resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Maintenance: Develop work processes for effective maintenance and of the internally and externally developed or acquired applications.
- User needs: Determines IT service requirements by analyzing needs of users/departments; prioritizing modifications to core system applications; resolves organizational conflict; developing and implementing documentation requirements for problem resolution.
- Quality: Improves quality results by evaluating and upgrading processes; directing changes.
- System solutions: Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Specifications: Define the work requirement description for the application that are set to be developed in coordination with the using parties. Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Testing: Provide test and installation support by guiding users on testing the systems as part of the system approval process and training the users on the existing and new systems.
- Documentation: Assist subordinates in the Development and implementation of IT user manuals for the users and operational unit to facilitate effective maintenance of all IT systems and units.
- Support: Provide support to the operation unit in providing user friendly operational environment for the internally developed applications.
- A Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science. Relevant training or a higher professional certification in IT projects management or systems development.
- Minimum 16 years if BS and 10 years if MS and relevant engagement in IT development projects with particular strength in Oracle and systems design.
- In-depth understanding of Business IT technologies.
- Experience with ERP, oracle environments is a must
- Relevant skills in IT strategy and planning, business analysis, systems design, applications development, database management, and IT security
- Arabic and English Language skills are a must
- Effective ability in working under pressure and planning for own and others’ work schedules and priorities.