Arab Monetary Fund, a regional organization based in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), with the objective of laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in Arab Countries.
AMF is seeking “Senior Statisticians” for its Economic & Technical Department.
To assist in leading the Statistic Division activities and improving its systems & process and methodologies, aiming to maximize the potential of the statistics team and delivery of quality statistical database and duly compiled reports on a variety of economic issues and contribute in studies and records activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and as necessary undertake the collection of information from member nations through standardized reports as prescribed by AMF standards.
- Consolidate daily data received into reports and send for publication and inclusion in AMF’s periodic bulletins and external website.
- Perform first line quality assurance on reports prepared by statisticians checking for accuracy, validity and consistency.
- Implement up to date statistical methodologies.
- Prepare and follow through changes in system and work procedures. This covers all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions to ensure work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of section systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental statements and reports.
Minimum Requirements Criteria:
- Arab National.
- Master's degree in Statistics from a recognized university with relevant experience of at least 15 years, preferably a PhD in economics or statistics or relevant field with relevant experience of at least 10 years.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English languages.
- Good Knowledge in of statistical methodologies.
- Data Gathering & Analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Very Good research skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing, furniture, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insurance.
Qualified candidates are kindly requested to send their resume, mentioning the job title in subject line to:
Fax no.: 00971 2 6326454
Further details about AMF are provided in our website: www.amf.org.ae
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.