Senior Bond Dealer
Arab Monetary Fund, is a regional organization based in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), with the objective of laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in Arab Countries.
AMF seeks to recruit a “ SeniorBond Dealer “ in the Treasury Division within the Treasury & Investment Department of the Fund. The Department is responsible for the management of several investments portfolios of deposits and securities in various international and Arab financial markets.
Act as a senior member of the Bonds Unit and work with other colleagues in the Treasury Division by providing analysis and monitoring of the assigned bond investment portfolios; providing research and analysis for investment selection; conducting performance measurement and attribution relative to benchmarks; implementing the approved investment strategy; and monitoring the investment structure and risks relative to the established policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions.
- Analyze credit risks of prospection bond instruments and monitor credit risks of various securities in portfolios.
- Assess exposure within bond portfolios and recommend allocation accordingly.
- Provide bond investment services to all investment portfolios through executing and selecting suitable bond investment instruments.
- Monitor the AMF’s bond portfolios, continuously monitor the rating changes of the bond holdings, report exceptions and update the system accordingly. Prepare regular reports on bond portfolios managed by the AMF.
- Remain up-to-date with the financial markets developments, including the exchange rates of foreign currencies and interest rates, short-and long-term bond prices.
- Recommend the appropriate investment opportunities through utilizing the analysis, research and due-diligence reports on bonds market in order to identify suitable investment opportunities.
- Establish solid relationships with various banks and financial institutions around the globe.
- Coordinate, enter transaction, monitor the updates, developments, and amendments related to bond transactions on the IPMS.
- Coordinate with colleagues in Treasury and Investment Department to facilitate the implementation of bond investment plans.
- Recommend improvement to division systems, processes, practices and investment guidelines.
- Carry out any other work assignments relevant to the Division.
Qualifications and Practical Experience & Skills
- National of member Arab Countries or of Arab origin.
- Master degree in Finance or Investment Management from a reputable university. Professional qualification of CFA or equivalent from a recognized international institution is preferable. Professional dealing certificate is also an advantage.
- Minimum 7-8 years of experience in bond investment management with at least 2 years of experience at a similar level.
- Fluently in both Arabic and English is required.
- Professional use of spread sheets, Bloomberg and Reuters and data services
- Proficient report writing skills
- Proficient investment research skills
- Proficient securities analysis and modeling skills
- Proficient understanding of financial markets
- Proficient portfolio management skills
- Proficient credit analysis skills
- Proficient risk management skills
- Proficient bond dealing skills
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing, furniture, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insurance.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to the following address:
Director, Administration Department
Arab Monetary Fund
Fax no.: 00971 2 6326454
Further details about AMF are provided in our website: www.amf.org.ae
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.